The art of engraving on wood or of printing from woodblocks.
- ‘Albrecht Dürer became a leader in the art of xylography and was a part of the distinguished group who created the woodcuts of the Chronicle.’
- ‘First seen in China around the 1st century, wood engraving or xylography is the oldest engraving technique known.’
- ‘The art of xylography consists of sample writing, carving, printing and binding, all done by hand, Xu said.’
- ‘To compare, it is necessary to say, that in Europe the xylography came into the world only in the 14th century.’
- ‘These prints maintain the characteristics of traditional xylography and reflect the ongoing changes in architecture, clothes and transportation in the country.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.