One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Exodermis with Casparian bands was found in roots of hydrophytic, mesophytic and xerophytic species and in members of primitive as well as advanced families.’
- ‘Particular attention was given to the spatial distribution of genetic variation, which could support the existence of a reservoir of genetic diversity for xerophytic vegetation in northwestern Venezuela.’
- ‘Haloxylon persicum is a stem-succulent xerophytic shrub, which only occurs in non-saline sandy deserts.’
- ‘A collection of cacti xerophytic plants - over 800 specimens - is exhibited in the nearby cactus house.’
- ‘Mean annual temperature is 20 • 8°C with a seasonal variation of 16 • 2°C, and a mean daily range of 20°C. Vegetation consists of xerophytic scrub or Chihuahuan Desert scrub.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.