One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abnormal dryness of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eye, with inflammation and ridge formation, typically associated with vitamin A deficiency.
- ‘Of these, 9 children had overt vitamin A deficiency as evident by the presence of xerophthalmia.’
- ‘In the early 1990s, results from observational studies showed an increased mortality among children with clinical xerophthalmia.’
- ‘The abundant vitamin A contained in these foods can prevent vision decline and eye diseases like coronal dryness, night blindness and xerophthalmia, another form of dryness in the eye.’
- ‘This product has lost most of its vitamins A and D, which are needed to ward off xerophthalmia (an eye disease) and rickets.’
- ‘A guide to their use in the treatment and prevention of vitamin A deficiency and xerophthalmia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.