One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And even in cases where volcanism has taken place, there are often older chunks of unmelted rock, called xenolithic inclusions, that can be identified within a lava flow and dated accurately.’
- ‘PLT - 2 is a grey, fine-grained rock that occurs as xenolithic rafts within PLT-I.’
- ‘Higher up the section leucogranites become increasing more abundant and the pelitic gneisses occur only as xenolithic stringers enclosed wholly by the granite.’
- ‘They were a series of most interesting specimens that proved clearly the abnormal and intensely xenolithic character of the rock in question.’
- ‘ESR dating of volcanic rocks, through the use of either phenocrystic or xenolithic quartz, has received increasing interest in the past decade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.