Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or involving tissues or cells belonging to individuals of different species.Compare with allogeneic
- ‘Both chronic VEGFR blockade and xenogeneic EC immunization in rats cause emphysema in rats without apparent damage to other organs.’
- ‘The rejection of xenogeneic embryo implants involves a complicated immune and endocrine network.’
- ‘Adult athymic rats did not develop emphysema as compared with adjuvant-only injected rats and did not show septal cell apoptosis following xenogeneic EC injection (data not shown).’
- ‘However, the immunological barrier to xenogeneic grafts is substantially greater than the barrier to human grafts.’
- ‘Intraperitoneal injection of xenogeneic cells resulted in the development of an immune response as tested by ELISA.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.