One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many of the intrusions contain veins and irregular patches of xenocrystic hybrid rock and granite.’
- ‘These are interpreted as xenocrystic cores and are of a similar age to zircon analysed elsewhere in the Anatolide belt of western Turkey.’
- ‘The remaining analyses can be represented as a single population at 603 + / - 3 Ma, but this would be a population of xenocrystic cores within the magmatic grains.’
- ‘There is also a subpopulation of subrounded xenocrystic zircons, which are slightly more brown than euhedral grains.’
- ‘Care was taken to sample the middle of the largest intrusion, to avoid contamination by xenocrystic component from the surrounding host rocks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.