One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘They are by far the most diverse group of xenarthrans, with 20 species in 8 genera.’
- ‘Finally, though extensive character convergence is implied on both alternative trees, there are differences in character evolution scenarios depending on whether pholidotes are allied with xenarthrans or epitheres.’
- ‘Aardvarks were once thought to be closely related to pangolins and xenarthrans.’
- ‘For example, whereas the above-mentioned monographs on giant anteaters are quite complete and have been available for over 100 yr, little was known for other species of xenarthran anteaters.’
- ‘Several groups of xenarthrans successfully crossed the Central American land bridge to North America when it formed in the Pliocene; these included a number of kinds of ground sloths and armadillos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.