One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘Several groups of xenarthrans successfully crossed the Central American land bridge to North America when it formed in the Pliocene; these included a number of kinds of ground sloths and armadillos.’
- ‘Aardvarks were once thought to be closely related to pangolins and xenarthrans.’
- ‘They are by far the most diverse group of xenarthrans, with 20 species in 8 genera.’
- ‘Finally, though extensive character convergence is implied on both alternative trees, there are differences in character evolution scenarios depending on whether pholidotes are allied with xenarthrans or epitheres.’
- ‘For example, whereas the above-mentioned monographs on giant anteaters are quite complete and have been available for over 100 yr, little was known for other species of xenarthran anteaters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.