One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single thickness of bricks in masonry construction.
- ‘Air barriers are placed in three primary types of masonry walls: cavity, masonry veneer, and single wythe.’
- ‘Water was therefore getting through the brick wythe, the air space and the block wythe, and then through the insulation.’
- ‘It was his evidence that he observed the space between the two wythes.’
- ‘In 2002, the outside wythe of stone was removed from the seventh level, which is about 80-feet above grade.’
- ‘However he has not actual memory of ever looking down between the two wythes to see how far they were apart.’
- ‘At sheet number 3 is an analysis of the distribution of lateral loads between the wythes.’
- ‘The two cases are set out on page number four with respect to the block wythe and the brick wythe.’
- ‘Typically, three to four courses of the exterior brick masonry wythe will need to be removed in order to perform this repair.’
- ‘The full concrete block inner wythe was removed for the full width of the window opening.’
- ‘Horizontal adjustment is provided through the slotted end with wire ties into the wythe of brick.’
- ‘At no time did he ever see ladder ties extending from the block to the brick wythe.’
- ‘A wythe is a vertical tier of bricks, each single wythe being 1 brick wide.’
- ‘The drawings were confusing as to whether an air space was called for between the brick wythe and the block wythe.’
- ‘Use the same type of masonry units in both exposed wythes of the parapet.’
- ‘As the two wythes experience vertical differential movement, both types of reinforcement transfer vertical stress into the mortar joints.’
- ‘The specifications on the other hand do provide for a 19 millimetre void between the two wythes.’
- ‘Boards are attached to the air barrier on the exterior face of the interior wythe in cold climates.’
- ‘He explained that in a cavity wall with insulation there is a lot more space between the wythes.’
- ‘His proposed remedial work is based on his opinion that it is not necessary to take off the brick wythe to effect repairs.’
Early 18th century (as with): probably an alteration of width.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.