One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A portable case for holding writing materials and paper.
- ‘He took out his writing case and spit into the ink cake to moisten it.’
- ‘A silver writing case (Munich, Residenz) may have been one of the objects made for Duke Wilhelm V.’
- ‘The box is her treasured writing case and it provides Keynes with a key to Darwin's rich emotional life.’
- ‘Nik grinned, handing her the chess set, a book, and a writing case.’
- ‘Keynes, a great-great-grandson of Charles Darwin, found - in a chest of drawers inherited from his grandmother - the memorabilia-filled writing case of Darwin's beloved daughter Annie (who died at age ten).’
- ‘I eventually settled with my conscience over the writing case and decided to return it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.