One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A portable case for holding writing materials and paper.
- ‘Keynes, a great-great-grandson of Charles Darwin, found - in a chest of drawers inherited from his grandmother - the memorabilia-filled writing case of Darwin's beloved daughter Annie (who died at age ten).’
- ‘I eventually settled with my conscience over the writing case and decided to return it.’
- ‘The box is her treasured writing case and it provides Keynes with a key to Darwin's rich emotional life.’
- ‘He took out his writing case and spit into the ink cake to moisten it.’
- ‘Nik grinned, handing her the chess set, a book, and a writing case.’
- ‘A silver writing case (Munich, Residenz) may have been one of the objects made for Duke Wilhelm V.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.