One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a memory or storage device, typically an optical one, on which data, once written, cannot be modified.
- ‘A different, write-once storage location for the database greatly would improve the security of the system as well.’
- ‘Over 20 billion optical discs - including ROM, write-once and rewritable CD and DVD discs - are produced each year, according to the two firms.’
- ‘Files or complete volumes can be quickly recovered from the write-once or rewritable disks.’
- ‘Programmable CD-ROMs, in case you hadn't guessed, are write-once media, not rewritable.’
- ‘By using removable write-once media, the data protection takes place at the recording structure of the media or in the drive firmware.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.