One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a memory or storage device, typically an optical one, on which data, once written, cannot be modified.
- ‘Over 20 billion optical discs - including ROM, write-once and rewritable CD and DVD discs - are produced each year, according to the two firms.’
- ‘By using removable write-once media, the data protection takes place at the recording structure of the media or in the drive firmware.’
- ‘A different, write-once storage location for the database greatly would improve the security of the system as well.’
- ‘Files or complete volumes can be quickly recovered from the write-once or rewritable disks.’
- ‘Programmable CD-ROMs, in case you hadn't guessed, are write-once media, not rewritable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.