One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a stroke) performed using a pronounced movement of the wrist.‘he uses a fast, wristy swing to hit his forehand’
- ‘I'm usually kind of wristy with my stroke, and putting can be a weak part of my game.’
- ‘Laxman is a hesitant starter but a quick flurry of wristy strokes changed the tempo of the innings.’
- ‘But he was hugely powerful; his wristy shots were often unreturnable.’
- ‘Hewitt wastes no time pressing home his advantage, finishing his service game with a wristy winner from the baseline.’
- ‘Her strokes, always rigorous, took on a looser, more wristy feel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.