One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of shot in which the puck is swept along the ice against the stick and then released with a rotating motion of the wrists.‘he took a wrist shot from in front of the net’
- ‘A hard wrist shot will have a chance of going in if there's a screen or deflection in front of the net.’
- ‘From start to finish, each player has a distinctive way of taking a wrist shot.’
- ‘A lot of their goals come off faceoffs or plays from behind the net because they have such quick wrist shots.’
- ‘He plays hard and he's got a wicked wrist shot.’
- ‘"He has enough speed and a decent wrist shot to score, but that's just not his area of expertise," says the European scout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.