One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A person who takes part in wrestling, especially for sport.‘huge men built like professional wrestlers’
- ‘I watched a film years ago called "Foul King," about a guy who wanted to become a wrestler.’
- ‘Fans could be even more hardcore than the wrestlers themselves.’
- ‘His "victims" are anyone from geriatrics in an old people's home to amateur wrestlers in a gym.’
- ‘The legendary professional wrestler is inducted into the Man Show Hall of Fame.’
- ‘Andrew is 6 foot 5 and built like a wrestler.’
2A person who struggles with a difficulty or problem.‘wrestlers with our nation's dilemmas and challenges’
- ‘The name Israel means “wrestler with God.”’
- ‘Thou 'rt passing fast from thy toils away, Thou wrestler with the sea!’
- ‘How hast thou stood with pleading eyes, Outstretching hands, and fervent cries, Unwearied wrestler with the skies!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.