One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing astonishment, admiration, or enthusiasm.‘the smell alone is fabulous, but the taste—wowsers’‘wowzers, where has the time gone?’
- ‘Wowzers - she looks incredible in a series of beach snaps uploaded to her Twitter account this evening.’
- ‘I know these are just two opinions from a couple of random dudes, but wowzers.’
- ‘And wowsers, is there a lot to take in.’
- ‘This pretty lake is fed by a waterfall of 170 ft. Wowsers!’
- ‘Wowsers, we'd worked for that.’
1980s: alteration of wow.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.