One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Everyone can turn a blind eye to the woundless slashes of the lying tongue, the cruel word, the baleful onslaught.’
- ‘Unlike conventional surgery, this noninvasive procedure is entirely bloodless and woundless, and achieves improved outcomes at lower cost and dramatically reduced recovery time.’
- ‘It can be jarring, though, to watch as a character pulls a clean blade from their woundless body despite the violence implied elsewhere.’
- ‘I lifted my shirt, revealing my woundless stomach.’
- ‘A pitiful thousand men left from our large expedition stood up to join me, almost none woundless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.