One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Isolation is the worst thing for someone who is convinced of their own worthlessness because there is no counterpoint to that opinion, no one to remind us of the wonderful qualities that we possess.’
- ‘Feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, and worthlessness are the essence of depression.’
- ‘When we are absolutely certain, whether of our worth or worthlessness, we are almost impervious to fear.’
- ‘Regardless of her well-groomed surroundings and well-defined sense of purpose, she says that early in her career she would stumble on nagging thoughts of worthlessness.’
- ‘Teenagers, in particular, are susceptible to feelings of worthlessness and low self-esteem because they cannot measure up to the perceived ideal of air-brushed perfection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.