One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See worrisomeas submodifier ‘he sits on a worrisomely flimsy plastic chair’
- ‘During operation the cooler seemed to perform well, getting hot but not worrisomely so.’
- ‘Salem didn't know any of us very well, but he still seemed relatively shocked, yet worrisomely pleased.’
- ‘Something silly was about to happen and Henry drifted worrisomely back into a negotiating team caucus where they were all arguing in concentric circles about something incomprehensible and foolish.’
- ‘But as he goes on, this idea tends to take on worrisomely subversive overtones as he tries to make the case that it's essentially tricking people into learning.’
- ‘But to longtime Portlanders, housing costs are worrisomely high.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.