One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic or humorous term for worry
- ‘His eyes watered with light tears of worriment.’
- ‘We're in no rush, so what's all this worriment about our ship stalling?’
- ‘Holland sat next to her and stared at her with worriment shown in her eyes.’
- ‘If only they had walked into the library that day so long ago and met the prince, sitting there in worriment.’
- ‘The skin between his eyebrows puckered, furrowing in almost an anxious worriment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.