One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small elongated or eel-like marine fish of warm shallow waters.
Microdesmus and other genera, family Microdesmidae
- ‘A nearby curious wormfish with stripe ablaze was not as sure.’
- ‘I was in a hurry and didn't get close enough to anything to get a decent shot, so the wormfish is about it for today.’
- ‘The microdesmids, or wormfishes, are elongate gobioid fishes that live in shallow waters of tropical and subtropical seas.’
- ‘Since we started our tank in March of 1997, we've had many species of fish - tangs, damsels, blennies, gobies, wormfishes, and clowns to name a few.’
- ‘The dartfishes have been taxonomically mobile in recent years and some taxonomists now include them in the wormfish family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.