One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small elongated or eel-like marine fish of warm shallow waters.
- ‘The dartfishes have been taxonomically mobile in recent years and some taxonomists now include them in the wormfish family.’
- ‘I was in a hurry and didn't get close enough to anything to get a decent shot, so the wormfish is about it for today.’
- ‘Since we started our tank in March of 1997, we've had many species of fish - tangs, damsels, blennies, gobies, wormfishes, and clowns to name a few.’
- ‘The microdesmids, or wormfishes, are elongate gobioid fishes that live in shallow waters of tropical and subtropical seas.’
- ‘A nearby curious wormfish with stripe ablaze was not as sure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.