One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The calcareous or sandy tube of some sedentary marine worms, such as fan worms.
- ‘Thin sections were made of the carbonates containing worm tubes.’
- ‘A few mineralized animal fossils, including sponge spicules and probable worm tubes, are known from the Vendian period immediately preceding the Cambrian.’
- ‘Some of the outgrowths result from the colony encrusting worm tubes or other cylindrical objects but many are solid with a firm gelatinous core.’
- ‘Ammonoids, gastropods, and serpulid worm tubes are also recorded.’
- ‘Yet another mode of preservation is represented by 50 irregularly cylindrical objects originally interpreted by Boyd as silicified burrows or worm tubes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.