One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A subterranean burrowing reptile which resembles an earthworm, being blind, apparently segmented, and typically without limbs.
Suborder Amphisbaenia, order Squamata: four families and numerous species
- ‘Many burrowing animals, from weasels to worm lizards, have smaller limbs today.’
- ‘There are unique species on these islands, such as the bizarre Bogadek's worm lizard, and we are discovering more.’
- ‘Here's a link to the series of pictures - you need to click on the ADDITIONAL IMAGES button to see the wrestling worm lizard pictures.’
2A legless lizard.
- ‘It is a real animal, called a baja worm lizard.’
- ‘One of the most interesting to me is the legless Zarudnyi's worm lizard.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.