An information system on the Internet which allows documents to be connected to other documents by hypertext links, enabling the user to search for information by moving from one document to another.
- ‘The NACTA Web Page Committee shall manage the NACTA Home Page on the World Wide Web.’
- ‘The General Markup Language begat the Standard General Markup Language that begat the HyperText Markup Language that made possible the World Wide Web.’
- ‘Are you intimidated by such terms as Download, Hyperlink, Online, Homepage, World Wide Web?’
- ‘Here is another fine Q&A from Richard Ishida of the World Wide Web Consortium Internationalization Group.’
- ‘The National Audubon Society Field Guides are now available on the World Wide Web at eNature.com.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.