Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A session of vigorous physical exercise or training.‘John does daily workouts in the gym’
exercise session, keep-fit session, physical training session, drillView synonyms
- ‘Apart from your aerobic and weight training workout, make it a point to stretch regularly.’
- ‘He might be able to overcome that this year because he has had full workouts during the off season.’
- ‘One reader says that when she feels well enough, she'll do feverish workouts at the gym.’
- ‘Make sure to try a few of the movements before adding unilateral training to your workouts.’
- ‘There are the ones who prefer a yoga workout or a skipping session to pep up for the day ahead.’
- ‘By now you will be impressed with the results of your workouts and training program.’
- ‘His diligence in the film room and during off season workouts was hard to ignore.’
- ‘How can you use this science to make your gym workouts as effective as possible?’
- ‘Grant is an excellent athlete who showed quickness and range in off season workouts.’
- ‘In the end, I got a better workout from the Latin Aerobics than the Body Sculpt one.’
- ‘That's not all, for the young women will also learn aerobics, and have a chance for a workout at a gym.’
- ‘Read on to find out how to create a weight-training workout geared to the novice lifter.’
- ‘House says the newest research is in repairing muscles after workouts and events.’
- ‘I do this drill daily in my workouts, and add extra time to work on it when my stroke feels low and slow.’
- ‘The segmentation of gym workouts allows you to sneak in a few stretches at almost any time.’
- ‘Many people today prefer to dance to shed off those extra kilos rather than doing boring workouts at the gym.’
- ‘The intensity of her cardio and weight workouts changes depending on how she feels.’
- ‘During the first two days, he wondered where all the fitness he had got from daily workouts in the gym had gone.’
- ‘Still, I'm determined to lose it all again, hence the workouts at the gym.’
- ‘In the meantime, they are taking training time in the pool, workouts in the gym, and bike trail rides.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.