[mass noun] A part of a computer's memory that is used by a program for the storage of intermediate results or other temporary items.
- ‘Values in working storage are duplicated in each tasks working set.’
- ‘The acquired digital images are temporarily stored in working storage until they are utilized or deleted.’
- ‘A method and apparatus for encoding and decoding linear block codes while using limited working storage is disclosed.’
- ‘A working storage array may be built to consolidate the information associated with the plurality of database records.’
- ‘Its primary purpose is to dump the working storage section of a program but may be used to dump other areas of memory or partial areas of working storage.’