One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of short-term memory which is concerned with immediate conscious perceptual and linguistic processing.
- ‘The statistical methods used to examine these data can give people scores on verbal comprehension, perceptual organization, working memory, and processing speed.’
- ‘Short-term memory and working memory were measured because memory could affect the children's writing performance.’
- ‘Since James's time, it has been variously called immediate memory, short-term memory, and working memory.’
- ‘The battery included tests of short-term memory, working memory, ideational fluency and verbal learning.’
- ‘It is argued here that both the perceptual and working memory stages can have their own levels of complexity.’
An area of high-speed memory used to store programs or data currently in use.
- ‘In the same way that a computer with a larger working memory can crank through problems more quickly, people with a greater capacity for holding images in their heads are expected to have better reasoning and problem-solving skills.’
- ‘Whereas gzip uses only 32 kilobytes of working memory during compression, rzip can use up to 900 megabytes, but that's okay because memory is getting cheaper and cheaper.’
- ‘It contains also 50 percent more internal working memory, supporting the next-generation operating systems, such as Microsoft Longhorn.’
- ‘Like RAM, the information stored in working memory is dumped when it is no longer needed.’
- ‘It is the primary working memory in a computer used for the temporary storage of programs and data and in which the data can be accessed directly and modified.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.