One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The capital of a business which is used in its day-to-day trading operations, calculated as the current assets minus the current liabilities.Also called net current assets
money, finance, finances, funds, the wherewithal, the means, assets, wealth, resources, reserves, deep pockets, stock, principalView synonyms
- ‘In the current environment, working capital management may not be top of your agenda but, ideally, it should be.’
- ‘These might include funds for acquisitions or simply working capital to carry out day-to-day operations.’
- ‘Some businesses irreparably damage their working capital position by extending unrealistic credit to customers.’
- ‘Many firms have found it difficult to obtain working capital or export credit.’
- ‘More important, it also includes investments in long-term assets and working capital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.