One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sequence of industrial, administrative, or other processes through which a piece of work passes from initiation to completion.
- ‘It's simply unhealthy and disruptive to your workflow to continue laboring throughout a designated one-hour break.’
- ‘Also, it can provide instantaneous, up to date configuration information and can control complex workflows by alerting the right people at the right time to the specific needs of any particular job.’
- ‘Few companies have succeeded in achieving substantial workflows across their supply chains.’
- ‘Aesthetics, ergonomics, engineering and understanding the workflow all contribute to our designs.’
- ‘The potential therefore exists for business users to change workflows and related processes and breach compliance.’
- ‘They have to be able to understand diagrams of system architectures and create their own diagrams of process workflows.’
- ‘Integrate the multimedia workflow into the normal story planning process of your newsroom.’
- ‘Here is a guide to current pricing practices for photographers bidding on jobs involving digital workflows.’
- ‘I went looking for pregnant pauses in their workflow and fingered the most prominent one - the print queue.’
- ‘Information storage operations can involve complex or repetitive user tasks and system processes - in workflows that migrate across multiple platforms.’
- ‘Yes, you can successfully complete simple, short workflows using e-mail.’
- ‘In a larger system there can be dozens of them, specific ones for particular kinds of content and publications and many workflows that administrators need to ensure happen to maintain the overall system.’
- ‘The chapter also demonstrates the creation of an action by following a typical workflow so that the process is clarified.’
- ‘The differences are profound and the process workflow usually kept in a spreadsheet, thus its dominance.’
- ‘This uncovers problems and waste in any process, and then compares the ideal workflow with the current processes.’
- ‘Thus, people must get an appointment first, and those appointments are scheduled to ensure a steady workflow.’
- ‘The creation and management of workflows has become a topical issue as the industry moves to construct service-oriented architectures (SOAs).’
- ‘Such workflows also can provide parallel and serial approval processes.’
- ‘The system monitors all workflows in progress and interprets the results upon completion of each step.’
- ‘For those, you need a workflow that's more like the auto industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.