Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A method for overcoming a problem or limitation in a program or system.
- ‘Others are working to develop workarounds to server operating system file systems that will enable the true sharing of physical storage and stored data among heterogeneous hosts.’
- ‘If the tool finds an active infection it implements a workaround to prevent the constant reboots that make patching really difficult.’
- ‘Moreover, these schemes, unlike most firmwares, are designed to prevent software or drivers from doing things, which will limit the ability to make workarounds in software.’
- ‘More information on affected systems, possible workarounds and how to obtain fixes has been published by CERT and is available here.’
- ‘Oftentimes changes are made toward the end of development, and they program workarounds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.