One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method for overcoming a problem or limitation in a program or system.
- ‘Others are working to develop workarounds to server operating system file systems that will enable the true sharing of physical storage and stored data among heterogeneous hosts.’
- ‘If the tool finds an active infection it implements a workaround to prevent the constant reboots that make patching really difficult.’
- ‘More information on affected systems, possible workarounds and how to obtain fixes has been published by CERT and is available here.’
- ‘Oftentimes changes are made toward the end of development, and they program workarounds.’
- ‘Moreover, these schemes, unlike most firmwares, are designed to prevent software or drivers from doing things, which will limit the ability to make workarounds in software.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.