One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Short-term experience of employment, typically arranged for older pupils by schools.
- ‘Some people have completed work experience and the course has led many into employment.’
- ‘Mark Bennett suggests that the best course of action is to approach the bigger agencies for work experience.’
- ‘From time to time we have schoolkids who come to us for work experience.’
- ‘She is dedicating her two weeks' work experience from school to fundraising.’
- ‘She remembers a journalist coming to work at the BBC who had once been assigned to her on work experience at the Evening Times.’
- ‘On the exchange visits pupils are able to take part in work experience in their host country.’
- ‘She recently did work experience at her old school and she got some really lovely cards from the children.’
- ‘I came here last summer for work experience, before working out in the English countryside.’
- ‘It is part of a drive to dispel a growing myth that work experience is only for those pupils who are bored with the academic curriculum.’
- ‘Another valuable aspect of the college's catering course is work experience.’
- ‘From the age of 14 the pupils spend two days a week on work experience and all are expected to go to college.’
- ‘Recycled Sports recently had a couple of new work experience employees to work in their Lismore store.’
- ‘I hated going to school and valued work experience more than academic education.’
- ‘Its volunteers, who are unemployed people getting work experience, are referred by Twin Valley Homes.’
- ‘There will be a chance to take part in a summer school as well as undertake relevant work experience and community service projects.’
- ‘This opportunity is ideal for students seeking work experience or employed people who are unable to help during the week.’
- ‘I knew what it would be like being a solicitor as I did work experience with a legal practice in Dundee.’
- ‘It was part of a rolling programme of work experience for older pupils in the district's schools.’
- ‘Enterprise Placements go a stage further than the normal work experience that firms are asked to give students.’
- ‘James by now had left school and was attending work experience projects, including some gardening work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.