One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the most part, he said, it was the wordage that was worrying people.’
- ‘O'Dell wrote it in a fund-raising letter so its veracity and exact wordage are not in doubt.’
- ‘When I get the paper copies of the Sundays I'm tempted to try and calculate the average wordage thrown at the assiduous reader on a typical Sunday.’
- ‘It's not that I don't have the vocabulary - I'm actually pretty proud of my wordage - but I'm just not adept at using those words effectively.’
- ‘He was once commissioned to write a history of West Indies cricket, but got so immersed in the research that he overran the wordage by several thousand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.