Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A puzzle consisting of letters arranged in a grid, containing several hidden words written in any direction.
- ‘But as any scholar of the wordsearch knows, you can go backwards as well as forwards.’
- ‘The newsletter also has a fun wordsearch competition which is to be returned before the 28th November, with five cash prizes for the winners.’
- ‘The Radio Lollipop crew is equipped with puzzles, wordsearches, crosswords, a craft trolley and competitions.’
- ‘As stated I miss your crossword but your wordsearch puzzle is interesting also and one needs a certain amount of knowledge of the fishing industry and marine matters.’
- ‘Hey, you've all seen wordsearches before, right?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.