One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An inability to identify spoken words, resulting from a brain defect such as Wernicke's aphasia.
- ‘Patients with pure word deafness have highly selective auditory perception problems.’
- ‘Other common names are auditory perception problem, auditory comprehension deficit, central auditory dysfunction, central deafness and so-called ‘word deafness.’’
- ‘Cortical deafness is essentially the combination of word deafness and auditory agnosia.’
- ‘Pure word deafness can arise from a problem at any point of the process of auditory encoding for speech.’
- ‘The findings have important implications for our conceptualization of pure word deafness and its subtypes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.