One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Afterward, they gather around the fireplace to drink beer, tell stories, and woozily stroll back to their cabins to sink into cozy loft beds.’
- ‘I'd stumbled out of bed on a cold November morning and was woozily concentrating on inhaling as much tea and cereal as I could before my philosophy class, at eight.’
- ‘The film version has a softer, woozily sentimental view of the bridal couple; it shows them running through a meadow in ecstatic slow motion - really.’
- ‘Doctors and nurses ducked out of sight while Klein woozily plopped himself on the edge of a chair in the middle of the room.’
- ‘‘So that's how you beat Claire's dad,’ Kate said woozily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.