One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large shed for shearing and baling wool.
hut, lean-to, outhouse, outbuilding, shackView synonyms
- ‘Here there was a shepherd's cottage and the woolshed.’
- ‘They both helped in yarding the sheep, sweeping out the woolshed during shearing (Judy became a proficient shearer), taking morning and afternoon tea to the shearers, and helping drive mobs.’
- ‘Even if meetings were held in woolsheds across the country for a year to try to explain the new structures, it is unlikely that we would end up with a different result.’
- ‘After the takeover in 1883, work was started on stock yards, fencing, station buildings and the large woolshed, with stands for 120 shearers.’
- ‘Others chipped in by repairing the old woolshed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.