One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extinct two-horned Eurasian rhinoceros that was adapted to the cold periods of the Pleistocene, with a long woolly coat.
- ‘The bones of mammoth, woolly rhinoceros, lion, bison, and great Irish elk were found.’
- ‘The preserve, dubbed Pleistocene Park, could feature not only mammoths, but also extinct species of deer, woolly rhinoceroses, and even saber-toothed cats, he said.’
- ‘The talks, organised by the Friends of Swindon Museum and Art Gallery, start with an insight into life around Swindon during the last Ice Age, more than 50,000 years ago when mammoths and woolly rhinoceros roamed around.’
- ‘For example, the woolly rhinoceros, giant deer, the moose-like giraffe shown in the slide, and the cave bear were found only in Eurasia and Africa.’
- ‘The team has unearthed stone tools, animal bones showing signs of butchering and cooking, and spear shafts made from woolly rhinoceros horn and mammoth tusk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.