[mass noun] Needlework executed in wool on a canvas foundation.
- ‘Craft classes are continuing in tapestry and wool work.’
- ‘Four Berlin wool work pictures that date from this period are in keeping with the popular fashion of pictorial needlework then being produced in the United States and Europe.’
- ‘Berlin wool work patterns for this style men's shoes, furniture covers, cushions, and bags were found in women's magazines such as Godey's Lady's Book and Peterson's Magazine.’
- ‘Because the edges don't ravel, wool work is perfect for appliqué designs to make beautiful purses, table runners, pillows and clothing.’
- ‘Berlin wool work patterns in colour were first published in Berin, Germany, early in the 19th century.’