One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who operates a wool press.‘he worked as a wool presser in shearing sheds’
- ‘I have variously worked as a wool presser, dishwasher, chicken fryer, house painter, and writer to name a few.’
- ‘The wool presser worked as hard as anyone in the shed.’
- ‘He was earning some money during his summer vacation as a wool presser.’
- ‘The moment came for the wool presser to throw his weight on the ratchet arm and force down the trampled wool from the top half of the press into the pack in the lower half.’
- ‘The restructuring left openings for interpretation as to how wage rises for shearers, shed hands, wool presser and shearers' cooks should be applied.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.