One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of shaping wood with a lathe.
- ‘Also on show were some lovely pieces of woodturning.’
- ‘A craft course at the school will include art, stained glass, metalcraft, woodcraft and woodturning.’
- ‘Choose your Christmas gift from the variety of hand grafted gifts including, paintings in oil, watercolours and woodturning and various other gifts.’
- ‘We also have a chest of tools and do some pyrography, burning images into wood, and we also do woodturning.’
- ‘An interesting course is also running in wood and metal work while classes in art and woodturning have also attracted plenty of interest.’
- ‘He will exhibit a selection of woodcarvings and woodturning in Castlecomer Library until October 16.’
- ‘Arthur Berry took the cup for the best handicraft for his piece of woodturning.’
- ‘Basketmaking, woodturning, buttermaking and needlework are among the many craft and heritage practices on show during the day also.’
- ‘Mary spoke about window boxes and the men also had an input on the day with Michael demonstrating and talking about the craft of woodturning.’
- ‘Throughout the entire week, students took part in arts activities - from fine art to mask-making, stained glass to literature, drama to woodturning, not to mention wall-painting.’
- ‘Would you like to sing a new song, let the creative juices flow through creative writing, relax and gain control through Yoga, enjoy the skills of woodturning or develop your competency with computers?’
- ‘George said: ‘Many of the people who are coming to the group are first timers at woodturning.’’
- ‘Theresa and John's project is called ‘Spinning Around’, focussing on woodturning.’
- ‘During the day on Saturday, there is a display of traditional crafts in Gurteen village i.e. basket making, woodturning, butter making and many more.’
- ‘He hosts workshops throughout Ireland on human development, healing of the family tree, dreams etc., and he uses his love of woodturning and the sea to enhance his under-standing of the scriptures and relationships.’
- ‘Not one to go to seed, in retirement he kept active with various hobbies, which included gardening, reading, woodturning, the occasion game of pitch and putt on the course in Castledermot, of which he was a founding member.’
- ‘Roger left his office bound world of writing reports some years ago and took up woodturning initially as a business, selling small artifacts in his shop.’
- ‘Many of the staff involved work for small furniture and woodturning plants in the border counties.’
- ‘I was a diesel engineer by trade but when I got the chance a few years ago to do a woodturning course I tried it and loved it.’
- ‘Ann James and her son and their friend David James were admiring the woodturning display.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.