One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Always a man who enjoyed working with his hands, he is a woodturner, and makes beautiful bowls and other wooden vessels.’
- ‘A woodturner needs a lathe and some basic tools.’
- ‘There are potters, goldsmiths, textile artists, glass workers, painters, sculptors, woodturners and more.’
- ‘A woodturner by trade, Merklen quickly found work for himself and his sons in the booming furniture trade.’
- ‘The work is mostly in native Irish hardwoods but some local woodturners use more exotic timber like the Pua Rosa and the Brazilian purple heart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.