One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long-winged Australasian and southern Asian bird related to the Australian butcher-birds, feeding on insects in flight.
Family Artamidae and genus Artamus: several species
- ‘Considered to be the most sedentary of the woodswallows, it will move to coastal areas during droughts.’
- ‘The corellas and woodswallows were very agitated about the owl.’
- ‘Neighbourhood watch: do neighbours provide safety to nests in colonially nesting woodswallows?’
- ‘One of their major discoveries concerned Australian passerines: birds like fairy-wrens, Austra-Papuan robins and woodswallows had all been placed in different groups of Old World birds, as suggested by their names.’
- ‘The absence of woodswallows is probably a seasonal phenomenon.’
- ‘At the dam there are hundreds of woodswallows congregating for their drink and preparing to roost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.