One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heater or stove that is fuelled by wood.‘they sat around the wood burner while he told them stories’
- ‘No power will run to the yurts, which will be heated with wood burners.’
- ‘Burning logs in a traditional hearth and heating homes by wood burners is becoming an increasingly popular option.’
- ‘The wood burner was successfully installed in the school.’
- ‘I have a gas boiler, and want to add a wood burner.’
- ‘His extension will be heated by a high-efficiency wood burner.’
- ‘They returned from a trip away and were shocked to discover the owls in their wood burner.’
- ‘You have a bed, and a wood burner will blaze merrily away through the coldest of the hours.’
- ‘I could never live in a house without an open fire or a wood burner.’
- ‘We've been chainsawing them into logs to fit the wood burner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.