Habitual; usual.‘the place had sunk back into its wonted quiet’
customary, habitual, usual, accustomed, familiar, normal, conventional, traditionalroutine, regular, common, frequent, dailyView synonyms
- ‘The local artists will, as wonted, be given the opportunity to perform on the international stage in an effort to promote both the artistes and the island.’
- ‘I noticed he was dressed in formality that night, forgoing his wonted loud, showy colors I normally saw him in.’
- ‘Several erudite readers, invoking Joycean fragments, have in recent months suggested ways of rehabilitating my wonted usage, for which I am grateful.’
- ‘‘He had been speaking with all his wonted force and vigour, brightness of idea and freshness of expression and courage,’ a reporter wrote.’
- ‘Worsted in this war of love Shiva punished the mischievous god of love Madana for aiding that maiden by causing springtime to appear on the scene before its wonted time.’
Late Middle English: from wont.