One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Little French towns, they're always fun to play, places like Chicoutimi, Grand Mere,’ he says wonderingly.’
- ‘‘We've only been a band for, like, seven or eight years,’ he says wonderingly.’
- ‘Later, Simpson says wonderingly, ‘I drifted off, but I didn't sleep well.’’
- ‘His partner drills in the point, saying wonderingly, ‘If it works we have a whole new system of investigating criminal cases.’’
- ‘‘He got back to the village that evening, gave his message, had four hours rest, and then ran straight back to us through the night,’ says Dr Patterson, wonderingly.’
- ‘For my part I'd had some idea that bingo was somehow down to skill and, finding I was wrong, repeated wonderingly, after every game, ‘It's just pure luck!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.