Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
usually treated as singular Academic courses in sociology, history, literature, and psychology which focus on the roles, experiences, and achievements of women in society.
- ‘The volume could prove useful for framing courses on women's studies for Indian universities, as also for South Asian and gender studies Departments abroad.’
- ‘I'm interested in women's studies, history programs and English programs.’
- ‘I was going to major in psychology and minor in women's studies.’
- ‘Yet, she did go to college, graduated in women's studies and history and consciously chose to become an organiser.’
- ‘Beginning with insights packaged as part of women's studies and family history, this subject gradually has come into its own.’
- ‘Dr Caball said social studies, women's studies, history, literature and film studies were all popular choices for postgraduate research by applicants for the awards.’
- ‘Glance at the title of this book and you might consign it to the special interest category, deeming it only relevant to those taking courses in Australian history or women's studies.’
- ‘The 22-year-old earned a degree in women's studies and sociology from Smith this May.’
- ‘Mary Lynn Stewart, professor of history and women's studies, is excited about the new program.’
- ‘She lectures in film, literature and women's studies at La Trobe University Bendigo.’
- ‘Arthur is now at SUNY Purchase double-majoring in sociology and women's studies.’
- ‘It would be an excellent addition to courses on twentieth-century American history, women's studies, the American West, or peace studies.’
- ‘The lab will be available to the departments of political science, economics, sociology, women's studies and possibly others, Robinson says.’
- ‘Sun launched women's studies, a pioneer course of its kind in China, for undergraduate students at this prestigious university in 1997.’
- ‘This book will be of keen interest to those in composition studies, women's studies, history, and education alike.’
- ‘With regard to curricula, there are numerous incentives to develop and teach courses in women's studies.’
- ‘This can also be verified in sociological, psychological and women's studies.’
- ‘Instead, the focus is on departments like sociology or ethnic and women's studies where there's a lot of progressive thought.’
- ‘My education on women's studies and literature is patchy and incomplete.’
- ‘The class in which Mary and I met was listed by the departments of studio art, women's studies, and art history.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.