One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A page of a newspaper or magazine devoted to topics intended to be of special interest to women.
- ‘Suddenly stories about pop stars and their legal troubles or sexual peccadilloes were no longer relegated to the women's pages.’
- ‘I'd like to point out that we were talking about this before the Guardian women's page got in on the act.’
- ‘But I have this feeling too about women's pages and magazines.’
- ‘Well done to Belle, and I dearly hope the author isn't plastered all over the Guardian women's page after this.’
- ‘There is an article on the women's pages I would like you to read.’
- ‘Compared with difficult matters of economic policy and Britain's role in the ERM, such issues seem ‘soft’ and really could be consigned to the women's page where they are supposed to belong.’
- ‘Later Petry became a reporter and writer for the Harlem People's Voice, where she edited the women's page and wrote a weekly column called ‘The Lighter Side.’’
- ‘It's better than patronising them with a women's page.’
- ‘But I liked the idea of a genetic makeup, and drifted off into fantasies about the women's pages of the future.’
- ‘Nowadays, she's on the Guardian, and sometimes she has to write about some right old piffle for the women's page.’
- ‘Despite me being certain it'll happen some day, I'm dreading it, because she'll probably get spotted by some women's page waster who'll miss the point completely.’
- ‘Even into the twentieth century, women's pages were not seen as real journalism.’
- ‘But the women's pages were not included in the objective mix.’
- ‘Everyone knows where they stand and if you really want it rehashed once again, leave Spike right now and turn to the Guardian women's page, where they're certain to oblige.’
- ‘Woman journalists usually began on the women's pages.’
- ‘So, there I was, happily reading my Guardian at lunchtime, when I came across this on the women's page.’
- ‘With S2's mix of features, health, lifestyle, arts and women's pages, Neil aims to draw younger readers back to the paper and other lapsed readers who have deserted to the London-based newspapers which he sees as its main competitors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.