One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pedestrian crossing in the form of a wide, flat speed bump.‘a wombat crossing slows traffic and significantly reduces crash risk’
- ‘He said that he would like to see a wombat crossing system or a speed camera to encourage people to slow down.’
- ‘The design of wombat crossings does not take cyclists into account sufficiently, and needs a fundamental re-think for the entire Sydney area.’
- ‘The provision of a wombat crossing was recommended at the traffic committee meeting of 3 July 2007.’
- ‘The police representatives strongly supported the need for a wombat crossing.’
- ‘Along the way are signs indicating Wombat Crossings.’
- ‘Since I'm opposed to it, it's good to read that the idea of a wombat crossing is not being supported.’
- ‘Upgrading the pedestrian crossing to a Wombat crossing will provide a safer facility for school children as the increased height will be more visible to drivers.’
- ‘Wombat crossings are more generally used on busy roads, not just roads on school routes.’
- ‘Also approved were visual 'zig-zag' markings and a wombat crossing in the shopping centre area of the road.’
- ‘The council has also told the office to install wombat crossings to slow traffic before it starts the development.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.