One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm 27 years old, not exactly ugly, and womanless.’
- ‘The snow here - not the picturesque whitener of Christmas cards - bespeaks the elements' menacing of the young ones and their womanless father.’
- ‘A black Freudian family drama, the play presents the return to his north London home and ostentatiously womanless family of Teddy, an academic, and his wife of six years, Ruth, once a photographic model.’
- ‘Their former captain offers a cynical toast, tweaking that ‘wonderful, abstaining, womanless Führer’ for his brilliant naval strategy, in spite of being an amateur painter by trade.’
- ‘The mateship of Gammage's diggers certainly presupposed a womanless world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.