One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a direct and frank way between two women.‘Alice smiled at her, woman to woman’as modifier ‘the hands-on, woman-to-woman relationship’
- ‘Finally after months and months we were fighting, woman to woman.’
- ‘While Clery draws lyrical material from her own experiences with the other sex, Lazariuk employs an earthy voice, guitar and rain stick to express the universality of all relationships - man to woman, woman to woman, man to man.’
- ‘She had some advice for me about giving birth, woman to woman.’
- ‘She also wanted to talk, woman to woman, about how the day went.’
- ‘If you really want to help her, you will help by example - talking about your own experience woman to woman, friend to friend.’
- ‘Once you confront people, and you sit with them and you have a cup of tea, and they see you are not a monster, and you explain person to person, woman to woman, why things are done and how things are done - it changes a lot, their attitude changes.’
- ‘Our story starts as Shirley picks up the phone to confront Barbara - woman to woman.’
- ‘I just wanted to have, well, a chat, man to man, woman to woman, bairn to bairn as I'm sure they put it doon the Wallygate.’
- ‘Should she speak to me woman to woman, or enemy to enemy?’
- ‘She told me she's enamored with the idea of someday sitting down at a cafe with Seana, chatting woman to woman, as they both smoke.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.