One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brownish-grey Australian python found in sandy desert areas.
Aspidites ramsayi, family Pythonidae
- ‘With tons of orange and yellow, and nice coppery browns, these womas will become outstanding breeders in years to come!’
- ‘I don't know why you immediately shot down the idea for the original poster to look into womas.’
- ‘Blackhead snakes are right up there with womas as my favourites too’
- ‘Our favorites are the bold patterned womas for their high-contrasting colors.’
- ‘The Boa Barn - Specializing in albino boas, Amazon Basin emerald tree boas, womas, yellow chondros and poison dart frogs.’
- ‘You're gonna be able to keep the womas on campus…in a dorm?’
- ‘Australia's woma pythons hunt underground in tunnels away from the searing heat of the surface.’
- ‘We also have found some differences in behaviour between the captive populations of Tanami and Uluru womas.’
- ‘A 4’ X 2’ enclosure is more than adequate for an adult woma.’
1930s: from Diyari (an Aboriginal language of South Australia).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.