One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Graham in all her colorations emerged that night - the complexity and simplicity of faith, its woefulness and ease.’
- ‘The editor is noted for addressing hacks at their end-of-term bash in a speech widely noted for its spectacular woefulness.’
- ‘And, really, the only bright spot of yesterday for United, who are fast slipping into pre-McCall woefulness, was that they broke their duck against Hearts.’
- ‘Small wonder modern heavy rock gets such a ribbing when it goes and gets itself involved in woefulness like this.’
- ‘Two thirds of this record could be parodied, such is its woefulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.